Las Vegas crime information is the one question I am asked as often as any by home buyers: “Safest Areas ?” And I wanted to take a moment and flesh out my standard answer which is: “I don’t know the safest neighborhoods in Las Vegas.”
“Safest Neighborhoods in Las Vegas?”
Of course I have an opinion, everyone has an opinion.
In fact just the other day a client referred to area that I happen to live in as “not a good area” (he didn’t know I live there).
I thought he was nuts, but I didn’t correct or argue the point, it’s his opinion.
That’s what safest neighborhoods in Las Vegas is about. You can live in an area that 90% of the public hypothetically would rate as a “great area” and still get robbed.
As a REALTOR there are three main problems with expressing my opinion on THIS particular subject:
Las Vegas Crime Information – Safest Areas in Las Vegas to Live
1) Steering is a major no-no in real estate, and any agent who tells you what’s a great Las Vegas crime information and happens to not mention an area that you might’ve want to live in, could be accused of steering (unintentionally).
That’s already too much liability for me as an agent, so I avoid suggesting or recommending any areas.
I instead ask questions like what things you like to do, where will you work, is there a school you have scoped out for children, or do you need to be near a hospital or free
Then I can point out areas that match your criteria.
2) You can get robbed absolutely anywhere, and I don’t want to take on liability for that unfortunate possibility.
I haven’t had many clients get robbed over the years that I know about, but the ones that have been robbed were in high-priced neighborhoods.
3) You don’t need an opinion – we have actual Las Vegas crime information reports.
This is the cool thing about Vegas – you can get Safest Neighborhoods in Las Vegas crime information stats on a map covering the entire city.
I have listed out the web links below — I always point clients here so they can feel comfortable with the areas and then direct me on where they want to live.
Remember, no real estate agent (or lender) knows what your priorities are by default, and they shouldn’t be recommending to you a safest areas in Las Vegas to live area. Friends and family members of course, they always have ideas…
Las Vegas Crime Information – Safest Neighborhoods in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas (and unincorporated Clark County) crime map: http://www.crimemapping.com/map/nv/lasvegas
- North Las Vegas Crime Map: http://crimeview.cityofnorthlasvegas.com
When buying or selling Las Vegas homes for sale.
Contact an experienced Realtor!
Bob and Diana
Robert Ratliff RE/MAX Reliance
- Petroglyphs in Nevada - March 20, 2023
- Fremont Street Las Vegas - March 20, 2023
- Las Vegas Ballpark - March 19, 2023